SLIM & SLENDER complete grain-free dog food 2kg
‘Slim & Slender’ is a premium, grain free, complete dried dog food for dogs that are overweight. This is ideal if you are looking for a dried food to help control your dog’s weight while promoting a slim and slender body composition. The food is packed with active ingredients, including 45% lean, free run, British chicken, sweet potato as a digestion-aiding fibre, pea protein to lower hunger, CLA to support fat metabolism, psyllium which promotes satiety, L-canitine, Glucosamine and Chondroitin to protect supporting joints, and probiotics and prebiotics to aid in digestion. Pooch and Mutt’s ‘Slim & Slender’ is vet recommended and made in the UK.
Pooch & Mutt ‘Slim & Slender’ also contain NUTRA-BIONIC which is a unique supplement which contains ingredients that provide digestive help, aid the skin and coat, reduce stool odour and support urinal tract health.
A single meat source, complete food to help control your dog’s weight with:
- 45% chicken; a low-fat protein source that is naturally rich in l-carnitine
- Sweet potato; which is low gi, high in fibre and a source of b-vitamins
- Pea protein; which is low gi, high in BCAAs and shown to help control production of ghrelin – the hunger stimulating hormone
- CLA; shown to support fat metabolism and aid weight management
- Psyllium; a dietary fibre that promotes satiety
- L-carnitine; a popular fat burning supplement
- Probiotics and prebiotics; to aid digestion and
- Glucosamine and chondroitin; to protect joints that may be carrying extra weight.
Only Pooch & Mutt foods contain NUTRA-BIONIC.
NUTRA-BIONIC is a unique supplement that includes:
- Glucosamine and chondroitin to aid joint health probiotics and prebiotics to aid digestive health
- Omega 3&6, zinc and biotin to aid skin and coat
- Yucca which can help reduce stool odour
- Cranberry to aid urinary tract health
- A full vitamin & mineral package and antioxidants.
Why feed grain free:
Many dogs struggle to digest foods that are high in grains (including corn and wheat). Intolerance to grain can manifest in many ways, such as digestive discomfort, itchy skin and sub-optimal health.
The quantities below are meant as a rough guide. The correct amount of food will depend on your dog’s level of activity, breed, age and if they are overweight or underweight.
- Small dogs (1-10kg) 20-120 g/day 200-33 meals/bag
- Medium dogs (11-25kg) 120-240 g/day 33-17 meals/bag
- Large dogs (26-45kg) 240-375 g/day 17-11 meals/bag
- Giant dogs (45kg+) 375 g/day 11 meals/bag
Number of meals based on 2 meals per day. When switching dog foods it is recommended that you introduce the new food gradually replacing 25% of their existing food for the first 2-3 days, then 50% for a further 2-3 days, then 75% for a final 2-3 days.
Naturally hypoallergenic: formulated without wheat, corn, rice, beef, soya or dairy products.
Chicken (45%; including; 25% freshly prepared chicken, 16% dried chicken, 2% chicken oil, 2% chicken gravy), sweet potato (25%), potato, peas, pea protein (6%), beet pulp, linseed, alfalfa, minerals, vitamins, brewers yeast, cla supplement (960kg/kg), mannanoligosaccharides (prebiotic mos), fructooligosaccharides (prebiotic fos), psyllium (0.08%), yucca schidigera extract, cranberry, glucosamine (175 mg/kg), chondroitin sulphate (125 mg/kg).
Nutritional additives per kg:
Vitamins: Vitamin A (as retinyl acetate) 25,240 iu, Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) 2,165 iu, Vitamin E (as alpha tocopherol acetate) 180 mg, biotin 145 mcg; trace elements: cupric sulphate pentahydrate 58 mg, zinc sulphate monohydrate 133.5 mg, manganous sulphate monohydrate 105 mg, ferrous sulphate monohydrate 160 mg, calcium iodate anhydrous 1.6 mg, sodium selenite 0.6 mg;
Enterococcus faecium cernelle 68 (sf68; ncimb 10415) 1,000,000,000 cfu as an aid in the establishment, maintenance and restoration of a balanced gut flora in dogs; amino acids: l-carnitine 480 mg/kg.
Analytical consituents: protein 25%, crude oils and fats 12% , crude fibres 4.5%, inorganic matter 7% , omega 6 2.09%, omega 3 1.07%, calcium 1.33%, phosphorus 1.00%